Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It was going to happen....

Well it has finally happened! I have joined the masses of the world to become a blogger. It seems in the relatively short time that blogging has been around it has become a tool for those who wish to express their feeling in the last truly 'free' medium of the Internet. No longer is anyone allowed to express their views are certain issues in public. And in South Africa, where I live, the Dept of Home Affairs has reopened the censorship can of worms. (journalism.co.za / SABCnews.com / Business Day) This is why I see blogging as such an important medium, because it's not controlled by Governments, Religious Org, Sects, Weirdos and the like who don't wants truth to be exposed or don't want to look bad. Hooray for true freedom of speech!

A little bit about me then. I'm 22 years old and live in Cape Town, South Africa. I am currently studying a B.SocSc at the University of Cape Town (UCT), majoring in Organisational Psychology and Philosophy. I am also currently doing a part time masters degree (MPhil) in Applied Theology in Community Building. I also work for an outdoor clothing company (Capestorm) in their retail division.

No comments: